Monday, May 10, 2010

Out Of Town

Hey everyone. I'm going to leave you hanging for a couple of weeks. I signed up for a work-vacation in Canada through WWOOF, World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms. WWOOF is a type of exchange program founded in the UK about 40 years ago. It's a way for people to travel on a budget whilst meeting new people and learning about sustainability and organic agriculture.

Why Canada? Well, honestly, the ticket to France was a bit too pricey, so Quebec it is! I'll be staying with a family of complete strangers along with my not-so-little brother. We're driving 15 hours north east to the town of Melbourne. We will probably be planting/weeding garlic, handling chickens, and, hopefully in my case, cooking and baking.

I'm looking forward to getting out of town and getting my hands dirty. See you on Monday the 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment